I enjoyed a nice, long weekend that consisted of a night/morning at home with my parents, three-ish days in Atlanta visiting a college best friend and one day doing absolutely nothing back in Raleigh. Perfect mix.
I was a bad blogger and didn’t take many (nearly any) photos, but here are the highlights:
- 11 mile run in Burlington on Friday morning! Home is where I trained for my first marathon, so I know these roads VERY well. It was nice to be back and running is going really well for me lately.
- Long talks with mom and dad. We just sit around and chat for hours!
- Cow Appreciation Day at Chick Fil A! Okay, to be honest, I only stopped for a diet DP, but I just had to check it out. There were a couple of really cute kids and some creepy adults, but getting an entire entree+drink free at Chick Fil A is a pretty sweet deal. Oh, and I also got a hat:
- Of course, the whole purpose of my trip was to see Emily. I met Emily my freshman year in Hinton James dormitory at UNC and we have been great friends ever since. Some favorite memories include graduation and the UNC vs. Dook basketball game!
- We did a lot of chatting, laying out by the pool and drinking wine. It was perfect! Good eats included dinner at Seasons 52 (I had a tuna steak salad), the Blue Fin Pinot Noir from Trader Joe’s (tasty to me, but apparently does not pass wine snob standards) and a Moscow Mule. Jon loves Ginger beer, so this was something I had been wanting to try for a while. I loved the tin mug!
Now it’s back to my normal routine!